Is your water safe to drink? Part 1
Often times we assume that tap water is safe to drink if it’s been processed through a municipal water treatment plant. Unfortunately, this is often not the case.
Chlorine is commonly used to kill pathogens lurking in the water. This chemical, originally used as a chemical weapon in World War 1 is still just as deadly now as it was then. Although it is used in relatively small amounts, over time it can wreak havoc on the body.
Chlorine, along with fluoride and bromine displace iodine. Iodine is a mineral critical for health. Our thyroids rely on iodine to create thyroxin. Without it, many of our body’s vital functions are compromised. Iodine is also used in the body as a germicide to kill infections.
Chlorine causes a number of health problems such as hardening of the arteries, high blood pressure, and various cancers.
Make sure you get a filter that eliminates chlorine! If you have some good filter suggestions, comment below.